An Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) is a privately pooled investment vehicle – set up as Trust, Company, Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) or a Body Corporate – collecting funds from investors of both, Indian & Foreign origin. In India, AIFs are regulated by SEBI & covered under Securities Exchange Board of India (Alternative Investment Funds) Regulations, 2012. We act as Trustee for AIFs set up as a Trust.
AIFs in India have opened a new avenue for Investors, of Indian & Foreign origin, providing diverse investment options in contrast to conventional modes provided by portfolio management services or mutual funds. In the past decade, more specifically after the release of SEBI Regulations for AIFs in India, AIFs have gained huge popularity amongst investors, the likes of which encompass Indian & Foreign corporates, PIOs, NRIs, OCIs, HNIs, etc., envisaging India as a golden investment opportunity. The fact that registered AIFs in India raised INR 212,979.40 Crores on a net cumulative basis till December 31, 2020, posits the preference avid Investors have for Alternative Investment Funds.
As a Trustee to an AIF Trust, we deliver the following services:
- Drafting & Vetting of Investment Documents as below:
- Trust Deed
- Contribution Agreement.
- Investment Management Agreement
- Private Placement Memorandum
- Start-to-end assistance in applying for registration with SEBI
- Assistance in PAN & TAN Application
- Appointing Auditors for verification & audit of Trust Accounts
- Continuous & effective liaising to & fro the Investment Manager
- Timely disclosures & compliance reporting to SEBI & Tax Authorities.
- Promptly addressing Investor grievances & queries
- Monitoring compliance of AIF & Investment Manager with terms of PPM.
- Opening & Managing:
- Bank Accounts
- Custodian Account
- Depository Account
Benefit to Investment Manager
- Enabling allocation of crucial resources – time, money & manpower, for core business activities.
- Expeditious application for registration with SEBI & Trust’s PAN & TAN.
- Execution & Registration of Trust Deed
- Hassle-free opening & management of accounts with Banks & Depositories
- Reminders for ensuring timely reporting to SEBI & Investors
- Proactive follow-up for adherence with extant regulations & terms as stipulated in Investment Documents.
- Single point of contact for communication to & fro with Investors.